At the end of the workshop the participants will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of a professional will.
2. Locate documents on the Internet to help create a professional will.
3. Create your professional will.
Find this podcast on iTunes
Or listen directly below
**Some Corrective Feeback
- Some states require a public notification for practice closure, whatever the reason.
- Some psychologist's estates have been sued for failing to manage records properly after the death of a psychologist.
Mary O'Leary Wiley, PhD ABPP web site
Catherine Spayd, PhD
Closing a Professional Practice: Clinical, Ethical and Practical Considerations for Psychologists Throughout the Lifespan PowerPoint presentation by Drs. Wiley and Spayd
APA Sample of a Professional Will
Ragusea, S. (2002). A professional living will for psychologists and other mental health professionals. In L. VandeCreek & T. Jackson (Eds.), Innovations in clinical practice: A source book (Vol. 20, pp. 301 – 305). Sarasota, FL: Professional Resource Press.
Spayd, C.S. and Wiley, M.O. (2009). Closing a Professional Practice: Clinical and Practical Considerations. Pennsylvania Psychologist, 69 (11), 15-17.
Dashlane.com - A secure site to store passwords